soleil yoga by jessie
Monday, July 31, 2017
July pose: one-legged wheel
eka pada urdhva dhanurasana
How to do it:
1. Start lying on your back with your knees bent, feet flat hip-width apart.
2. Bring your arms over your head, reversing your palms behind your shoulders so they are flat on the ground and your fingers are pointing towards you.
3. Lift your hips and head, lightly placing the crown of your head onto the ground. Hug your elbows in, lift the chest and start to lift the head and straighten the arms at the same time.
4. Maintain a steady breath in and out through the nose, and walk your feet back a few inches.
5. Slowly walk your left foot towards the midline. Raise your right foot off the ground and bring it into your chest. Hold and once you feel stable, reach and extend your leg up.
Hold for 5-10 breaths, then slowly release and switch sides
Strengthens the arms, wrists, legs and spine
Increases energy and aids with depression
Stimulates the thyroid and pituitary glands
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)