1.Stand with your legs comfortably wide apart.
2. Inhale, raise your arms up shoulder height as you turn your right foot out 90° and your left toes in slightly aligning your heels.
3. Exhale, as you shift your hips over to the left, lengthen over your right leg placing your hand on your shin/ankle/foot/floor. Wherever it lands, do not force to go deeper.
4. Inhale, reach your left arm up to the sky, then slowly bring your arm around your low back. Reach your fingers to the inside of your right thigh (if available)
5. Do not collapse in your torso. Open the chest and draw your side ribs in. Press firmly into your feet and keep both legs strong and straight.
Hold for 5 breaths. Repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens and tones legs
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings and calves; shoulders, chest and spine
- Improves digestion
- Stimulates abdominal organs