1. Start on your hands and knees. Ensure that your shoulders are stacked right over your wrists and your knees under your hips.
2. Shift your weight to your left hand as you reach your right arm out in front of you, in line with your shoulder.
3. Focus on a point for balance and raise your left leg up, keeping it parallel to the ground and ensuring your hips are squared.
4. Reach back through your left heel and reach forward with your right fingertips. Keep your spine nice and long and avoid arching into your back.
Hold for 5-10 breaths, then release and switch sides. Complete about five rounds alternating between sides, then rest in child's pose.
- Strengthens your core
- Helps relieve tension in the low back
- Improves balance, focus and coordination