1. Starting in downward dog, lift your right leg up into the air, bend your knee and open up the hip.
2. Look forward, and bring your right knee behind your right wrist, keeping your thigh parallel to the mat.
3. Try to keep your back leg straight, and slowly slide your right shin and foot forward until its comfortable for you.
4. Work towards keeping your hips squared and release your pelvis closer towards the floor.
5. Press your fingertips into the floor to lengthen the spine.
Hold for a minute, and if you feel stable, walk your hands forward to fold over your front leg. To come out, slowly press into your palms to lift your hips up and come back to downward dog. Repeat on the left side
- Stretches the hips, thighs, groins and psoas
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Opens the shoulders and chest