Friday, February 25, 2011

crossfit fail!

With all the latest fitness crazes out there, CrossFit is making its mark in the industry. I’m not here to bash it by any means; I’m just sharing my story. My friends keep raving about this new phenomenon (well not that new, it started in the mid 90’s) but to be honest I don’t care for it. However, I did have the courage to get out and attempt it for myself. Wow, did I feel so out of my comfort zone.
Being a yogi, I feel most at home on my yoga mat, bare foot, no distraction in the world. This time, I had to put on running shoes, get to a gym and share equipment with others. I was lost, shy and completely embarrassed. I felt stupid, and sensed that everyone was staring at me thinking “look at this girl, she doesn’t know what the hell she’s doing!” I completed my workout in just over 15mins (which was probably the easiest of exercises). I had no pain afterwards, but the next day I couldn’t move! I hate the feeling of being sore. I know that means I worked hard, but I was angry and depressed. “NEVER AGAIN” I told myself. This is not for me. Yoga provides the same benefits for MY body: Strength, toning, endurance and stamina. So I’m sticking to it.
To all my crazy crossfit friends: you guys are soldiers, and if it makes you happy, keep at it, and I’ll applaud you by the side in my comfortable seated position.
Namaste.

For more info, check out www.crossfit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment