Thursday, January 13, 2011

bonjour soleil=hello sun!


Welcome to my first ever blog! I was skeptical at first whether or not I should even have one, but it is only fitting that that I do! I have SO much to say; I am inspired by everything that surrounds me. As a yoga instructor, I strive to be the best person I can be, internally and externally, towards my students, myself and towards the world around me.  Coming from a French background, the word ‘soleil’ means Sun. Staying true to my roots and staying true to my passion, soleil yoga is the creation!

The sun, giving light to this Earth, has lots of meaning in yoga. When taking our practice to the mat, we salute the sun in Surya Namaskar, a guided flow of poses to heat and energize the body, coordinating our breath with movement. As we warm our bodies, we warm our hearts, making yoga a journey to a path of enlightenment.

Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment