Enjoy seven nights in the beautiful and calming Laguna de Apoyo in Nicaragua. Renew your energy with daily yoga classes, restore your mind surrounded by nature and recharge your soul with healthy and balanced raw-cooked fusion vegan meals. Give yourself the gift your body deserves!
Friday, October 21, 2016
Monday, September 26, 2016
1. Start standing tall in mountain pose.
2. Ensure equal weight is distributed between all four corners of your feet
3. Lengthen the spine and reach up through the crown of your head.
4. Once you feel stable, on an inhale reach both arms up and over your head.
5. Palms come together, soften the shoulders away from the ears and start to shift your gaze up towards your hands
Stay here for 5-10 breaths, then release your hands together in front of your heart. Close the eyes and maintain the even calm breath.
- Improves posture
- Calms the mind
- Stretches the shoulders and armpits
1. Start it a standing forward fold, with your knees softly bent
2. Bring your left arm between your legs and wrap it behind your left thigh. Reach your right arm behind you to clasp your hands (modification : use a strap)
3. Keeping your gaze down, start to straighten your legs and begin to twist your torso to the right
4. Rooting down with your right heel, start to shift the weight onto your right foot as you start to raise the left leg off the floor bringing your torso upright.
5. You may stay here with your left leg bent, or extend the left leg out without swinging the opposite hip to the side.
Lift your chest, stand tall and strong and stay for 5-10 breaths. Slowly lower the torso and left and the same time, releasing your bind then switch on the other side.
- Strengthens the legs
- Maintains focus and balance
- Opens the groins and hamstrings
Monday, August 1, 2016
1. Starting with your feet together, bend your knees deeply sitting back on your heels (come onto the balls of your feet)
2. Staying focused with your balance, bring your left elbow to the outside of your right knee. Place both of your hands flat on the floor shoulder-width apart.
3. Keep your left elbow hugging close to your right knee as you begin to lift the hips and shift them slightly to the left
4. Gaze forward and start to bend your elbows to a 90 degree angle (thing chaturanga arms) as you lift your feet off the ground.
5. Keep extending your heart forward, shoulders back, and press down through your palms.
Hold for 5 deep breaths, then slowly lower your feet and repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens the arms, wrists and shoulders
- Improves balance and focus
- Tones the belly
Thursday, June 30, 2016
1. Start sitting down with your legs extended out in front of you
2. Bend your right knee over your left and bring your foot to the outside of your left hip. Then place your left foot to the outside of your right hip, stacking both of your knees
3. Sit evenly on both sitting bones.
4. Raise your right arm in the air and bend your elbow placing the palm of your hand below your neck.
5. Rotate your left arm behind you, palm facing away from you and try to clasp both right and left fingers together. (modification: use a strap)
6. Firm your shoulder blades against your back ribs and lift your chest.
Stay and breathe deeply for one minute. Then release and switch legs and arms.
- Stretches the hips, shoulders, ankles, armpits and chest.
- Lengthens and opens both sides of the body.
- Helps maintain good posture.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
1. Start in a lunge with your right foot forward.
2. Bring both hands on the inside of your right foot, then start to walk your right foot out towards the edge of your mat (keeping your foot pointing forward)
3. Keep the length in your spine and reach your heart forward
4. Stay strong with your back leg and push back through your right heel.
*variations: back knee can come to the ground and bring hands or forearms to a block
Stay for 5-10 breaths and switch sides
- Stretches and opens the hips
- Strengthens the legs
- Improves flexibility